Thursday, September 17

fall tv preview!

fall 2015 tv premieres i'm looking forward to

It's back... fall television, the best television of the year. I love a good story, no matter the medium, and this year's new stories have definitely caught my attention. I can't wait to be curled up on the couch in a warm blanket with a hot beverage, enjoying my free time with my favorite characters. Today, I'm rounding up the shows I'm most looking forward to, along with their airtimes, networks, and premiere dates.

sundays



Once Upon a Time (8:00/7:00c, ABC, Sept. 27) - My absolute favorite show right now. I can't wait to see what happens now that Emma Swan is the Dark One and it's up to Hook, Snow White, Prince Charming, Regina, Robin Hood, and Henry to save her. This show is ridiculous - I know that - yet I can't stop watching it because it is so much fun. This season's going to take place in Camelot and feature Merida from Brave as a character, and on-set photos show Emma in a long white dress... with Hook... on a horse.


The Walking Dead (9/8c, AMC, Oct. 11) - The last season of The Walking Dead basically killed my heart, but of course I'll be back for more. I knew the peace and quiet in Alexandria wouldn't last.


Quantico (10/9c, ABC, Sept. 27) - Last time ABC had a show about a bunch of good-looking new recruits in a highly specialized field, it became one of my favorite shows of all time (Grey's, y'all!), and the commercials make this new series about FBI agents in training look very good.


mondays


The Big Bang Theory (8/7c, CBS, Sept. 21) - I got back into Big Bang last season, and last time we saw our gang, Leonard and Penny were eloping and Sheldon and Amy had broken up. Mainly I just watch for Bernadette screaming at everyone.


Blindspot (NBC, 10/9c, Sept. 21) - Primarily interested in this one because it stars Jaime Alexander (Lady Sif from Thor). The premise - a woman with amnesia is found, covered with strange tattoos that end up being clues to some sort of conspiracy - seems really creative, but I don't know if I'll have the brainpower to follow something like that at 10 p.m. on a Monday night.



tuesdays



The Muppets (8/7c, ABC, Sept. 22) - Rather than returning to the old variety show format, this modern take on The Muppets is going to be a parody of fake documentaries like The Office and Parks and Rec. This time, the cameras are following the cast and crew of Miss Piggy's late-night show. From everything I've read, it sounds like Jim Henson would approve.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (9/8c, ABC, Sept. 29) - I'll definitely be watching, since my girl Gemma Simmons got eaten by some type of black ooze right after agreeing to go on a date with the BFF who has always loved her.

Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris (10/9c, NBC, Sept. 15) -  If there was an award for most likable celebrity, it would probably go to Neil Patrick Harris, so he's an ideal candidate for resurrecting the variety show format with guest stars, weird stunts, comedy sketches, mini game shows, and hidden camera pranks.


wednesdays


The Middle (8/7c, ABC, Sept. 23) - Sue Heck's going to college, Brick's going into eighth grade, and Axl and Devin Levin are still in love (for now). I love this family.

Nashville (10/9c, ABC, Sept. 23) - Last season left us on a HUGE cliffhanger - just who was flatlining during the transplant surgery?

You're the Worst (10:30/9:30c, FXX, Sept. 9) - This show is so inappropriate, yet somehow sweet at its core. Who actually is the worst? This season, it's looking like it might be Kether Donohue's character Lindsay.


thursdays


Heroes Reborn (8/7c, NBC, Sept. 24) - I was a fan of the original Heroes, so I feel like I must give the reboot a chance. Micah is all grown up! Hiro is back! Plus, Zachary Levi! Robbie Kay, who was so good as Peter Pan on Once Upon a Time, is also in the new lineup. And Greg Grunberg, who I'd kind of forgotten existed, is back as Matt Parkman. Sorry I forgot about you, Greg Grunberg.



saturdays

Saturday Night Live (11:30, NBC, Oct. 3) - Why is SNL coming back so late this year? I need to laugh again... we do know that the first three hosts of the season will be Miley Cyrus, Amy Schumer, and Tracy Morgan.


streaming

The Mindy Project (Hulu, Sept. 15) - Getting Hulu specifically for Mindy Kaling.

Master of None (Netflix, Nov. 6) - Aziz Ansari will play a young New York actor in this sitcom, each episode of which will focus on a single topic - kind of like Seinfeld for our generation?

Jessica Jones (Netflix, Nov. 20) - Netflix's Daredevil showed that Marvel's partnership with the streaming service is off to a great start, and I can't wait for a kick-butt female superhero, played by Krysten Ritter, to have her own show.


What shows are you looking forward to the most this year?

Sources:  TV GuideBustleEntertainment Weekly, the New York Times

8 comments:

  1. Krysten Ritter is AWESOME! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I loved Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23 and I was really sad when it was cancelled. I think she's going to make an awesome superhero/detective.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Fall is really the perfect time to come home from a trying day of work and veg out with the TV!

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited about Once Upon a Time and Dark Swan this Fall. I can't wait to see what Emma's like as a villain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wait for Dark Swan and Camelot is KILLING me... I follow Jennifer Morrison on Instagram and she's been posting pics of Emma with Rumplestiltskin, Merlin, and Merida in her Dark Swan and Camelot costumes. The show's writers have also said some really tantalizing things in interviews that suggest that becoming the Dark One amplifies what a person is already driven by.

      Delete
  4. Although I'm excited for OUAT, I know I'm just going to wait for it to get on Netflix. While I humbling watching it over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched all of the seasons so far on Netflix. I'm excited to finally be all caught up so I can watch the episodes on time!

      Delete