Thursday, July 23

who to follow on instagram: july 2015

One of my favorite things about Instagram is that as I scroll through my feed I can spot people and places all over the world - I love how connected we can all be thanks to technology and Instagram makes that connection feel very tangible. I may not be able to afford to travel to all seven continents, but I can get a taste of local color whenever I want, and knowing what's out there helps me build my dreams for future journeys. Here are a few accounts that have really been inspiring my wanderlust this summer.


humansofny - New York City's diverse population is precisely what makes photographer Brandon Stanton's project, which he describes as "daily glimpses into the lives of strangers" so interesting. His blog has over twelve million followers and has spawned two books, raised 1.4 million dollars for a Brooklyn school, and gotten the attention of Hilary Clinton. The corresponding Instagram feed is packed with stories of wisdom, sweetness, and heartbreak that remind us we're all human.

nellahelskini - Finnish blogger Nella's feed is full of beautiful pictures from her hikes in the Finnish countryside and travels around the world.



mattcrump - The self-proclaimed candy-colored minimalist photographer describes his signature style elements as "candy-colored negative space, surreal compositions, offbeat and Americana subjects, and an endless-summer vibe," so it's the perfect feed to check into when the actual weather is less than bright and sunny. His minimal shots of Disneyland and vintage signage are my favorite.

tinyatlasquarterly - Tiny Atlas Quarterly is a travel and lifestyle magazine and website dedicated to escapism and beautiful photography.



quiteheatherly - Heather Purdy Mobley is American photographer living in Madrid with her husband, who is a naval officer, and their cute poodle. Her Instagram feed is full of her gorgeous photography subjects and to die for road trips around Europe.

thelandmarkproject - This relatively new brand based in Greenville, South Carolina creates apparel and accessories inspired by classic American outdoor destinations (I love their Appalachian Trail and Blue Ridge Parkway designs!) and an adventurous lifestyle and helps sponsor under-resourced youth to discover life in the natural world through excursions. Their feed proves that they actually live the lifestyle they promote!




Are you on Instagram?  I'd love to follow you - 
maybe your feed will end up featured in a future post!
Leave your username in a comment to this post -
(you can follow me here). 

No comments:

Post a Comment