Sunday, August 10

sunday social: i did not leave the south side for this.


Social Sunday


1. One show you would love to see on Netflix that isn’t there:  The new Starz show Outlander - when I read about the show on io9, the premise - a WWII nurse travels back in time to Scotland in the 1700's - sounded really interesting, so I started reading the novel it's based on.  I watched the first episode and it was awesome - unfortunately, we don't subscribe to Starz so I won't be able to watch the rest unless they put it on Amazon Prime or Netflix.

2. One song you wish they would play more on the radio:  Roanoke doesn't really have a good modern rock station so I don't get to hear bands like Kings of Leon, The Black Keys, or Foo Fighters unless I go on YouTube.  I don't think I ever heard "You Can't Fix This" on the radio when Sound City came out.

3. Your favorite song to sing loudly to in the car:  I'm on a Fleetwood Mac kick again so probably "The Chain" or "Gold Dust Woman."



4. What movie/TV show do you quote the most?  Mean Girls.  It's always appropriate to every situation (I work in a middle school, remember?), and when it's not, I quote it anyway.  YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US!

5. One silly thing you do daily:  I make a lot of sound effects without realizing it, like trumpet noises or little bits of music.  If someone says something that reminds me of a song, I start singing the song.

2 comments:

  1. That vid! Have you ever seen Masters of Sex on Showtime? That actress is the main star.. she looks so young in Mean Girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have Showtime, so I haven't been able to watch the Masters and Johnson show, but I love Lizzy Caplan!

      Delete