Thursday, September 6

home decor trends: know your geometry

Even though my home decorating style shies away from anything too modern, I am digging the trend toward geometric shapes and prints right now - pentagons, hexagons, triangles, and other shapes are all making their way into home decor via lamps, vases, terrariums, textiles and art.  I think it's an extension of the chevron trend that popped up in spring and summer.  In this post, I'll share some inspiration, shopping suggestions, and DIY ideas for incorporating a little geometry into your space this fall.


 
DIY Geometric painted roller curtain via 2Modern

 
Wooden polyhedron vase from Supermarket
Stainless steel planter featured on Home Interior Design Themes

Throw pillow from Target


Hanging teardrop terrarium from ABJglassworks on Etsy


Concrete geodesic planter from Obelisk (atstuart) on Etsy

Geometric vase featured on DIY Design and Build
West Elm Hive Vases

Recycled glass diamond from Meg A. Myers Designs on Etsy

Patterned bowl from The Curiosity Shoppe for Target


Geometric tangerine lamp featured on Centsational Style at Better Homes and Gardens

 
Pink Delta lamp featured on A Piece of Toast
DIY geometric lamp (made from a vase!) at Apartment Therapy


Jonathan Adler Big Sur Travel Soap


Do you like the geometric trend?  Are you incorporating any geometric pieces into your home?

2 comments:

  1. I love that stainless steel planter, and the pillow from Target! I'm not usually into really modern/geometric pieces but some of these are really great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My home decorating style is very farmhouse/vintage, but I think the industrial style that's so popular right now has led me to consider some more modern touches! I love an eclectic look anyway. The Target pillow is on sale right now, too!

      Delete