Monday, September 10

clicks of note: we need more fairytales

get your week off to a colorful start...

LISTEN.

  • Paul McCartney is quite simply one of my favorite people on the planet.  I was skeptical of his album of standards, Kisses on the Bottom, but when I caught these live versions on Great Performances I was sold - what great lazy-day music!  So sorry for sharing the perfect lazy-day music on a Monday, y'all.  But here you go.  Did you know the Beatles recorded their first single 50 years ago this week?
SWOON.
  • Wedding Chicks features a pink and gray garden wedding that is just my style: a Starbucks-loving bride, bridesmaids in unique shoes, bunting, Anthropologie "LOVE" mugs, mason jars, chalkboards... perfect shabby-vintage style, and doesn't that flower girl grab your heart?
  • If you enjoyed my series on citrus-themed wedding, you will adore the rustic orange inspiration shoot featured on Glamour and Grace.
  • What Junebug Loves features a stunning traditional meets modern wedding in China.
  • Boston hairstylist Lindsay Griffin's blog features a traditional estate wedding that I am going to describe as Jane Austen meets Anthropologie.
  • There's a delightfully offbeat Texas wedding featured on Southern Weddings - the bride wore a blush pink ruffled gown, the bridesmaids wore their own cocktail dresses and the guys wore jeans.  And it all looks great together.
SMILE.
MAKE.
FLASHBACK.

1 comment:

  1. Having a winter wedding allowed me to wear some exceptionally beautiful accessories (if I do say so myself). Not that I couldn't have worn beautiful accessories if I'd had a summertime wedding. But there's something about wintertime that begs for dramatic pieces--bridal bracelets. I loved choosing these special items for my wedding day.

    ReplyDelete