Monday, April 30

spring color: tangerine

According to the color experts at Pantone, the color of the year for 2012 is Tangerine Tango.  That definitely seems to be the case judging from all the fun orange items popping up in stores.  Even though it's one of my University's colors, I've always thought that I couldn't pull off a lot of orange because I am a pale brunette...

And then I saw this pale brunette looking darling in retro citrus fashion in the Telegraph.

I love this versatile geranium denim skirt from UK retailer Boden.

LOFT's ikat print shorts combine two trends: global prints and warm colors.

J. Crew pairs lemon and tangerine with denim, via Wit & Delight

This ombre pink and tangerine manicure from Cult of Pretty looks doable!

Are you feeling brave enough to rock the tangerine trend this spring?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think little bits of orange are a lot more approachable to me than going all-out. I'm still a little intimidated by such a vivid color - seriously, my closet is a sea of grays, browns, and navy blue.

      Delete