Friday, March 30

Spring Style Wish List #1 - A ladylike jacket

This spring finds me wishing for a ladylike jacket.  Tweed and bouclé jackets look so nice with spring dresses or with cropped pants, and I find that my students always take me just a bit more seriously when I wear a blazer or jacket.

Photo via PopSugar, outfit spotted in People Style Watch

Celebrity take:  I love this photo of Katie Holmes - piped boucle jacket, a bow blouse (one of the items Tiny Twig calls a "finisher"), jeans, and slightly pointy-toed shoes make a surprisingly stylish outfit.

This LOFT jacket is the quintessential spring tweed with piping.  It's also the priciest in today's round-up, at $98 - it's a new arrival.  Options:  consider it an investment piece and get it while it's available in your size, or take the chance that it will be on sale in late spring and get it for next year.

My personal favorite is this marled sweater jacket from LOFT - I like the cropped style.  It's $79, which is still steep for what is basically a cardigan.

For ladylike style on a budget, this Dorothy Perkins tipped cardigan mimics the style of a tweed jacket for the SWEET price of $27.  I think I will add this one to my wish list and scout out the local thrift stores for an affordable tweed piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment