Wednesday, May 18

Surprise work shower!

This Monday, one of my co-workers informed me that we were having an English department meeting after school.  My reaction was something like "Ugggghhhh."  It's a stressful time of year.  When I got to the classroom where our meetings are always held, I was one of the first ones to arrive.  Our department chair asked me and the 3 other teachers who'd apparently arrived early to "help her carry some boxes."  The boxes were, apparently, in the Family and Consumer Sciences (back in the day, we called it Home Ec) room.

Here's what was actually in the home ec room:

That's right, it was a surprise bridal shower!  There are FOUR English teachers with upcoming weddings, so our faculty threw us a combined party.  Look at all of this yummy food:


There were ham biscuits, Mexican dip, chips, cheese and crackers, nuts, and of course party mints.


Cheers!


3 comments:

  1. Aw how nice! Your cake looked so good! Hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake was delicious and it was from Kroger! I am actually thinking about having them do my wedding cake now. All 4 of us really enjoyed it and the other teachers took care of us... they brought us our food and drinks and wouldn't let us get up to do anything... my faculty is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How thoughtful of them! And I do think it's pretty amusing that there are 4 of you wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete