Thursday, April 28

Makeup - first trial

I hadn't given much thought to bridal makeup until the little "hair and makeup trial" alerts started popping up on my various wedding checklists. I had done some web searches concerning hair and makeup prices at upscale salons in Roanoke, but WHOAH they are expensive! Then I remembered Angela, the awesome Mary Kay consultant who'd taught me to do a smoky eye at a friend's party. I e-mailed her, and she is available to do my wedding makeup. She wanted to meet ahead of the wedding as well to discuss skin care- and that was fine with me, because my acne is terrible at least once a month.

My makeup inspiration is a little unconventional: Katy Perry in the "Firework" video!


Some inspiration pictures:

Celebrity inspiration... these girls both have similar coloring and face shapes to me :)



Mandy Moore

And some bridal inspiration...






Professional Makeup Artistry

Meeting with Angela was great!  We did the traditional Mary Kay facial to "prep the canvas" (Angela uses a lot of art metaphors) and then played with colors.  Here is what we came up with (please excuse the low quality webcam picture and bad wallpaper- I took the picture in my mom's room).


What do you think?  I am loving the eyes and blush but I think the lipstick needs to be darker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment